“it becomes ever more important to consider the practices through which public space continues to be imagined and used in other ways, and to be worked with, struggled over or ‘de´tourned’” (Pinder, 400)
Why does it become ever more important?
Discuss in groups
Describe the dynamics of the performances:
- the relations between performers, city and technology
- (how) can we understand them as something that is ‘scripted’ or that ‘scripts’?
- How can we understand them in light of what we’ve read so far? (i.e. contextualize this performance to the semester plan)
- http://urbanhomesteadingproject.wordpress.com/ OR http://www.confluxfestival.org/conflux2007/public-domestications/
Human scale chess:
- http://www.fotolog.com/humanchess/1649128 (a more recent play: http://humanchess.tumblr.com/)
Described in Pinder pp. 391-2